Read the latest news from the Green Lab. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our lab’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Green Lab uses basic science research to fight cancer with H Foundation support as a member of the Lurie Cancer Center08/21/2018See the Green Lab in action in this H Foundation video describing the importance of Basic Science Research in the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center in understanding, diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Dr. Zarkoob awarded AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship07/06/2018Hoda Zarkoob was awarded the American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship for the funding years of 2018-2020. Her work is focused on Cardiomyocyte Mechanotransduction through the Desmoplakin/RhoGEF Ect2 Interaction.
- 06/28/2018Marihan Hegazy received the Lurie Cancer Center Symposium & Scientific Poster Travel Award for her poster “Trafficking and positioning of desmoglein-1 during desmosome assembly” at the symposium poster session held on June 28, 2018.
- Welcome to the newest members of the Green Lab: Saki Amagai and Avinash Jaiganesh06/02/2018
Welcome to the newest members of the Green Lab:
Saki Amagai and Avinash Jaiganesh, PhD.
- Gillian Fitz presents work on a new animal model05/18/2018Gillian Fitz presented work on a new animal model in the Growth Factors, Cell Adhesion and Matrix Biology mini-symposium at the International Investigative Dermatology Meeting in May 2018. The talk was entitled “A novel animal model of Desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) deficiency reveals an essential role for Dsg1 in epidermal barrier formation.”
- Congratulations to Chen Kam on receiving his Ph.D.06/01/2018
Chen Kam received his Ph.D. this past June and starting his post-doctoral work in the laboratory of Dr. Valentina Greco at Yale University.