- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Available06/04/2019
June 4, 2019: Postdoctoral Fellow in Stem Cell Biology and Pharmacogenomics
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Paul Burridge in the Department of Pharmacology and the Center for Pharmacogenomics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
Successful candidates will be involved in human induced pluripotent stem cell studies to interrogate how the genome can be used to study disease, predict drug efficacy, minimize toxicity, and discover new drugs.
Projects combine patient recruitment, WGS, hiPSC models, RNA-seq, differential expression quantitative trait loci (deQTL) mapping, SNP validation, CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing, and high-throughput drug discovery.
Major projects available
include:1, Genomics and hiPSC models of chemotherapy-induced toxicity (cardiac, vasculature, neural, kidney, liver). 2, hiPSC models of congenital cardiovascular diseases (LQT, LVNC, DCM, HCM).
Qualifications: Recent (within the last year) or upcoming
PhDdegree and a strong record of peer-reviewed publications, including at least one first-author paper, is essential.
includes:hiPSC differentiation methodologies; hiPSC disease modeling (cardiac, skeletal muscle, endothelial, fibroblast, blood, hepatocyte, renal, neural, cancer cell types, breast epithelial); bioinformatics; chemotherapy drug response/toxicity mechanisms; high-throughput biology and drug screening.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. The successful candidate will join a dynamic research environment in the Department of Pharmacology, which offers both basic science and clinical translational opportunities to explore fundamental questions in pharmacogenomics. More details can be found here: http://labs.feinberg.northwestern.edu/burridge/
Starting salary will be according to NIH (NRSA) Scale and commensurate with experience.
Please send a CV (including publications), a cover letter containing a brief description of research experience and interests, and a list of 2-3 references
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
The position will remain open until filled.
- Dr. Burridge announced as Associate Editor for the new journal JACC CardioOncology03/14/2019More details here:
- Grad School Bonanza: Congratulations to Helen, Mike, Kevin, and Mohammed03/11/2019Congratulations to Helen (Lab Manager), Mike (MBP Biotech '18), Kevin (MBP Biotech '19), and Mohammed (CRC) who have all accepted places in
PhDor MD programs for the 2019/20 academic year. We'll be sad to see you go but are proud of you all.
- Funding from the National Cancer Institute09/13/2018The Burridge Lab has been awarded A 5-year NCI R01 Grant for our work the genomic basis of doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity
- Funding from the American Heart Association08/16/2018The Burridge Lab has been awarded A 3-year AHA 2018 Transformational Project Grant for our work on SNPs related to doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity