- Article on our work on hiPSC culture media in The Scientist01/20/2020
The Scientist recently published an article on our efforts to improve hiPSC media:
- Postdoctoral Fellow Position Available12/20/2019
Postdoctoral Fellow Position Available
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Paul Burridge in the Department of Pharmacology and the Center for Pharmacogenomics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
Successful candidates will be involved in projects using human induced pluripotent stem cell models to study disease, predict drug efficacy and minimize toxicity.
includes:hiPSC differentiation methodologies (cardiac, skeletal muscle, hepatocyte, renal, neural); larger scale cell culture; hiPSCdisease modeling; bioinformatics, genomics, GWAS; drug response assays; chemotherapy drug response/toxicity mechanisms; high-throughput biology and drug screening.
Good verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. The successful candidate will join a dynamic research environment in the Department of Pharmacology, which offers both basic science and clinical translational opportunities to explore fundamental questions in pharmacogenomics. More details can be found here: http://labs.feinberg.northwestern.edu/burridge/
Salary will be according to NIH (NRSA) Scale and commensurate with experience.
Please send a CV (including publications), a cover letter containing a brief description of research experience and interests, and a list of 2-3 references
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
The position will remain open until filled.
- New publication: Negligible-Cost and Weekend-Free Chemically Defined Human iPSC Culture06/28/2019
- Dr. Burridge announced as Associate Editor for the new journal JACC CardioOncology03/14/2019More details here:
- Grad School Bonanza: Congratulations to Helen, Mike, Kevin, and Mohammed03/11/2019Congratulations to Helen (Lab Manager), Mike (MBP Biotech '18), Kevin (MBP Biotech '19), and Mohammed (CRC) who have all accepted places in
PhDor MD programs for the 2019/20 academic year. We'll be sad to see you go but are proud of you all.