News & Announcements
- 05.16.2023Annmarie Dominguez and Katiannah Moise are recognized with the Wildcat Impact Award. Annmarie received the award for her dedicated work with the Northwestern University Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science (NUSACNAS). Katiannah received the award honoring her work with the Chicago Graduate Student Organization (CGSA).
- 03.13.2023A huge WELCOME to Lourdes Garcia Ortega, joining the Arispe Lab on March 13, 2023. Lourdes is a visiting scholar from Rui Benedito’s lab in Madrid (Spain)!
- 03.02.2023Our very own Jocelyn Salvador is Featured in the Northwestern Feinberg Research Newsletter. Read about her research focus and how she became a scientist!
- 02.01.2023A huge WELCOME to Aaryana Famili-Youth, joining the Arispe Lab on February 1, 2023. Aaryana is an MSTP fellow at Northwestern read more about her here.
Northwestern University professors Luisa Iruela-Arispe, PhD, Murali Prakriya, PhD, Linda A. Teplin, PhD and Teri W. Odom, PhD, have been selected as 2022 fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the largest general scientific society in the world.
A huge WELCOME to Aya Masri, joining the Arispe Lab on January 3, 2023. Aya is an undergraduate student at Northwestern working under the direct tutelage of Annmarie Dominguez.
A huge WELCOME to Andrew Wang joining the Arispe Lab on November 11, 2022. Andrew is an undergraduate student at Northwestern working under the direct tutelage of Millie Romay.
A huge WELCOME to Yashoswini Chakraborty, joining the lab on October 31, 2022. What a fun day to begin her undergraduate research experience with us! Yashoswini will be working under the direct tutelage of Danielle Pi.
NU SACNAS, won the 2022 Chapter Award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Annmarie Dominguez, the current president is shown in the photo receiving the award. This is the very first-time Northwestern University has received an award. Northwestern's chapter was founded in 2013.
- 10.17.2022Congratulations to our own superstar Katiannah Moise on being awarded a NAVBO Travel Award for the work she presented at the 2022 International Vascular Biology Meeting (IVBM) in San Francisco, CA.
A new grant will fund the hiring of 15 new tenure-track faculty, along with tactics to ensure the success of faculty members from underrepresented populations.
Jocelyn Salvador is awarded the Driskill Graduate Program (DGP) Trainee of the year award at the Driskill Day Celebration on September 12, 2022. An honor reserved for select graduate students.
Chloe Symons concludes summer program and research in the lab with a presentation titled "The Role of ZFP36 in Endothelial Angiogenesis Regulation within a Retinal Model."
Melanie Cabrera, Pulmonary and Critical Care Summer Intern, presents her poster titled "Vascular Anomalies Induced by Mutation in RASA1"
Kiran Garapati presents his poster titled "SARS-CoV-2 Cytokines Effect in Endothelial PANoptosis."
Millie Romay attended the 2022 AHA Basic Cardiovascular Science Meeting at the Chicago Hilton to present her poster on Notch3!
Arispe lab bids farewell to summer interns whose stay at the was short-lived. But after all, what's better than a summer spent doing science with friends?!
Cell and Developmental Biology is a field that’s integral to finding new therapies for a wide variety of diseases. At Feinberg, Luisa Iruela-Arispe, PhD, a vascular biologist, leads the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology as chair. In this episode, talks about her research and the future of cell-based treatments for diseases.
Hannah Sunshine traveled to Lewiston, Maine, and presented a poster on the RNA-decay protein ZFP36 at the 2022 GRC meeting on Notch Signaling in Development, Regeneration and Disease.
Sophia Johnston has joins us for a year-long research experience with the Arispe lab. Sophia recently earned her bachelors degree in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology from UCLA and is now working under the tutelage of Ana Mompeon.
- 07.07.2022Chloe Symons joins as part of the CURE-AP Capstone program at the Lurie Cancer Center! Read more about Chloe here.
The National Center for Cardiovascular Investigations Carlos III (Centro de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III CNIC) hosts Dr. Arispe for a lecture on "Intimal Resident Macrophages: A new population of vascular macrophages that resides within the endothelial layer." The event was held in person in Madrid, Spain and streamed live virtually.
Dr. Luisa Arispe presents a lecture titled "Endothelial Cell Replication in Vivo" at the GRC Endothelial Cell Phenotypes in Health and Disease conference at Castelldefels, Spain.
- 06.24.2022Check out Jocelyn Salvador's new mini-review in Frontiers in Cell & Developmental Biology on Nuclear Mechanosensation and Mechanotransduction in Vascular Cell.
- 06.23.2022Dr. Arispe gives a shout-out to BMP (Katiannah Moise), Vimentin (Jocelyn Salvador), Notch (Annmarie Dominguez), mitotic events (Danielle Pi) during her presentation at the 2022 Cellular and Molecular Basis of Disease Symposium, "Gene-Environment Interactions in Development and Disease".
Recent lab alumni, Dr. Gloria Hernandez, celebrates her wedding surrounded by friends and family!
Another cheerful celebration: Annmarie Domiguez advances to candidacy! One step closer, many more adventures ahead.
Celebrating all the steps of a successful scientist, the Lab celebrates Danielle's advancement to candidacy.
- 05.06.2022Drs. Luisa Iruela-Arispe and Miikka Vikkula attend their first Leducq Symposium and Committee Meeting. Dr. Vikkula was announced the European Coordinator and Dr. Arispe, North American Coordinator of the Leducq-funded network titled "Recalibrating Vascular Malformations by Pharmacological Intervention," ReVAMP for short. Click here to learn more about the group.