Read the latest news from the Green Lab. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our lab’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Dr. Zarkoob awarded AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship07/06/2018Hoda Zarkoob was awarded the American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship for the funding years of 2018-2020. Her work is focused on Cardiomyocyte Mechanotransduction through the Desmoplakin/RhoGEF Ect2 Interaction.
- 06/28/2018Marihan Hegazy received the Lurie Cancer Center Symposium & Scientific Poster Travel Award for her poster “Trafficking and positioning of desmoglein-1 during desmosome assembly” at the symposium poster session held on June 28, 2018.
- Welcome to the newest members of the Green Lab: Saki Amagai and Avinash Jaiganesh06/02/2018
Welcome to the newest members of the Green Lab:
Saki Amagai and Avinash Jaiganesh, PhD.
- Gillian Fitz presents work on a new animal model05/18/2018Gillian Fitz presented work on a new animal model in the Growth Factors, Cell Adhesion and Matrix Biology mini-symposium at the International Investigative Dermatology Meeting in May 2018. The talk was entitled “A novel animal model of Desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) deficiency reveals an essential role for Dsg1 in epidermal barrier formation.”
Kathy Green was awarded the 2018 David Martin Carter Mentor Award from the American Skin Association at the International Investigative Dermatology Meeting this past May.
- Congratulations to Chen Kam on receiving his Ph.D.06/01/2018
Chen Kam received his Ph.D. this past June and starting his post-doctoral work in the laboratory of Dr. Valentina Greco at Yale University.