About Our Lab
Our goal is to understand Kaposi’s Sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) in the context of viral oncogenesis. Our main areas of investigation are mechanisms of KSHV-associated B cell transformation, mechanisms of KSHV-associated endothelial cell deregulation, the identification of drug targets for novel therapeutic strategies to treat KSHV-associated cancers, and targets and functions of KSHV-encoded microRNAs.
- 09.02.2020New paper by Manzano and Günther et al., mBio
- 09.01.2020Congrats to Mark Manzano for starting his lab at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- 07.23.2019Congrats to our former Research Tech Ajinkya Patil on starting grad school at the Harvard PhD Program in Virology!
- 06.05.2019Kylee Morrison’s first author paper is on BioRxiv
- 06.01.2019Our recently published plasmids are now available on Addgene.
Manzano M, Günther T, Ju H, Nicholas J, Bartom ET, Grundhoff A, Gottwein E Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Drives a Super-Enhancer-Mediated Survival Gene Expression Program in Primary Effusion Lymphoma. mBio 2020 Aug 25;11(4). pii:e01457-20
Morrison K, Manzano M, Chung K, Schipma MJ, Bartom ET, Gottwein E The Oncogenic Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Encodes a Mimic of the Tumor-Suppressive miR-15/16 miRNA Family. Cell Rep 2019 12 03;29(10):2961-2969.e6. pii:S2211-1247(19)31476-7
Patil A, Manzano M, Gottwein E Genome-wide CRISPR screens reveal genetic mediators of cereblon modulator toxicity in primary effusion lymphoma.Blood Adv 2019 Jul 23;3(14):2105-2117. doi:10.1182/bloodadvances.2019031732
Manzano M, Patil A, Waldrop A, Dave SS, Behdad A, Gottwein E Gene essentiality landscape and druggable oncogenic dependencies in herpesviral primary effusion lymphoma.Nat Commun 2018 08 15;9(1):3263. doi:10.1038/s41467-018-05506-9
Patil A, Manzano M, Gottwein E CK1α and IRF4 are essential and independent effectors of immunomodulatory drugs in primary effusion lymphoma.Blood 2018 08 09;132(6):577-586. doi:10.1182/blood-2018-01-828418