About Our Lab
The overarching goal of Wan laboratory, within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, is to define the molecular mechanisms of breast tumor initiation, progression, and metastasis, and to identify novel targets for therapeutic development. Particularly, the laboratory seeks to address how defects in the ubiquitin-proteasome system and other posttranslational modifiers such as protein methyltransferase, poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase and glycosyltransferase would result in genomic instability, deregulated tumor immune checkpoint function, abnormal cell cycle, and aberrant signaling that predispose otherwise normal cells to become cancerous tumor cells or promote cancer progression and metastasis.
· Song X, Zhou Z, Li H, Xue Y, Lu X, Bahar I, Kepp O, Hung M-C, Kroemer G and Wan Y.(2020) Pharmacological suppression of B7-H4 glycosylation restores antitumor immunity in immune-cold breast cancers. Cancer Discovery. Sep 16; CD-20-0402. PMID: 32938586
· Zhou Z, Huang F, Shrivastava I, Zhu R, Luo A, Hottiger M, Ivet B, Liu Z, Wan Y. (2020) New insight into the significance of KLF4 PARylation in genome stability, carcinogenesis and cancer therapy. EMBO Molecular Medicine (In Press)
· Zhou Z., Zou H., Panzoni L., Lou A., Zhu R., Guan K-L., Bahar I., Liu Z. and Wan Y. (2020) EIF3H Orchestrates Hippo Pathway-Mediated Oncogenesis via Catalytic Control of YAP Stability. Cancer Research. Jun 15;80(12):2550-2563. PMID: 32269044
· Hu D, Gur M, Zhou Z, Gamper A, Hung MC, Fujita N, Lan L, Bahar I and Wan Y. (2015) Interplay between arginine methylation and ubiquitylation regulates KLF4-mediated genome stability and carcinogenesis. Nat Commun. Sep 30; 6:8419. PMID: 26420673
· Gamper A., Kim J., Qiao X. Rathmell K. and Wan Y. (2012) Proteolytic regulation of Krüppel-like Factor 4 (KLF4) by VHL E3 ligase in breast carcinogenesis. Mol Cell. Jan 27;45(2):233-43. PMID: 2228467