Read the latest news from the Drenan Lab. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our lab’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Henry Lester visits Chicago and FSM04/24/2017Henry Lester, Bren Professor of Biology at Caltech, visited the Drenan lab and the Department of Pharmacology. He gave a seminar on his field of "inside-out pharmacology".
- Publication: Congrats to Ji-Xin Cheng and lab04/20/2017Congratulations to Dr. Ji-Xin Cheng's lab (Purdue University Bioengineering) on their publication in the Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, where they developed a label-free method for imaging membrane potential changes. Ryan Drenan and Pei-Yu Shih collaborated on the project. The paper can be found here:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28407470
- Drenan lab receives new R01 award08/01/2016Dr. Drenan is the PI on a new R01 grant awarded to Northwestern University. The award (DA040626) is from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and runs from 2016 to 2021. The overall goal of the project is to study the molecular and cellular mechanisms of nicotine withdrawal.
- Ryan’s appointment to Associate Professor at Northwestern begins04/01/2016
- Staci Engle successfully defends her dissertation. Congratulations Dr. Engle!01/25/2016
- Ryan receives the ASPET Early Career Independent Investigator Award at the ASPET Annual Meeting in San Diego04/05/2016