About Our Lab
Cardiovascular disease remains the number one cause of death in the developed countries. Our lab is interested in studying the role of various metabolic processes and iron in the development of cardiovascular disease. We use various in vitro and in vivo models to modulate cellular and mitochondrial iron levels and alter glucose and fatty acid metabolism and mitochondrial function, followed by assessment of cardiac function in response to stress.
AHA 2016, Orlando, FL
Ardehali Lab Holiday Party, Dec 3rd
- Our finding of SIRT 2 and Iron overload post on Northwestern News
- Our finding of overexpression SNRK protein improve Cardiac efficiency is the #1 news on Cardiologist Connect that is sent to national and international audience. NW News Center.
- Our findings on lipotoxicity and cardiomyopathy associated with Arnt (HIF1β) was published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation (JCI) and covered by Northwestern University.
- Our recent paper on iron-mediated doxorubicin cardiotoxicity in the Journal of Clinical Investigation (JCI) is being covered by the Oncology Nurse Advisor and EurekAlert!
- Our results on cellular iron homeostasis made the cover of Cell Metabolism
- Our paper on mTOR and iron was highlighted in Nature Medicine, volume 18, number 12, December 2012, Page 1753
- Additional coverage of our findings on the Feinberg School of Medicine website